Year 31 Goals
1. Read through the Bible in 2010. I am doing this everyday. I am really enjoying read through the Bible chronologically. It has been really neat and I have learned so much.
2. Memorize 24 verses this year. I have memorized a few but hopefully as we start school, Cubbies and Sparks next week I will memorize quite a few more.
3. Read the following books-I am going to change my book list just a bit.
- Helping Children to Understand the Gospel
- Forgotten God
Family Driven Family
- From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out
- Devotions for Sacred Parenting
My boy let the church know tonight that he believes that he is a sinner, he could not be good enough to live with God, Jesus died and came back to life so that God would forgive his sins, and he wants Jesus to be the boss of his life.
This week Jake has become obsessed with rope and knots. He is tying everything and everybody in knots. Jim went to the store and bought him some REAL rope instead of the string he was using from his toys.
Jim then taught him how to tie a slip knot. Jake tied slip knots to Anna Kate’s play kitchen and all of her doors. However, my favorite was when he tied the oven door to the paper towel holder which is ACROSS the kitchen. Jim wasn’t too happy when he couldn’t get to the trash can without playing limbo.
This is just one of the many “normal” things that happen in the Perdue home.
I hope to get a picture of something or someone tied up soon.
There are things I like.
And then there are things I love.
I love my seeing my babies smile especially when they are laughing.
I love Anna Kate’s crazy nappy hair each morning.
I love to snuggle on the sofa with Judd just after he wakes up from a nap. (He is the only snuggler I have so far.)
I love when the kids run to meet Jim at the end of the drive way each afternoon.
I love long days when we get to stay outside and play as a family each evening.
I love the smell of sweating kids, sunscreen and watermelon mixed together. It reminds me that we are in the middle of summer. The most wonderful time of the year.
I love popsicles with the kids on the front porch at the end of a long nap time.
I love feeling my fourth baby move, flip and kick me ALL the time.
I love to hear my kids pray each night at the end of family worship.
I love putting exhausted kiddos to bed. 😉
I love the quiet time with Jim each night after the kids are in bed.
I love getting up and doing it all over again.
I love being Jake, Judd and Anna Kate’s mom.