1. Memorize 24 verses (2 each month)-Regrettably, I haven’t done very well at completing this task. I am still working to memorize I am not happy with how it is going so far.
2. Run Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta on July 4th-I have been training since March 15. I was up to 4.7 miles on May 11. THEN and NOW I have Achilles Tendinitis. I have rested for a week and I tried to run this morning. It wasn’t to painful but I still felt pulling so I am not sure what I should do not. I can run on it but I don’t want to cause any permanent damage. I am icing it, resting and taking Motrin until Monday.
3. Read the following books- I am crossing books off of my list. Currently I am reading, “One Thing You Can’t Do In Heaven.”
The Heavenly Man 90 Minutes in Heaven
- Disciples of a Godly Family
There’s Gotta Be MORE!
- Love and Respect
Don’t Make Me Count to Three
- One Thing You Can’t Do In Heaven
5. Complete a Home Management Folder
6. Paint and Decorate the Playroom- It was painted this week. Now I have to get it decorated.
7. Decorate the Living Room
8. Facilitate a Bible Study
10. Do a self-guided study through the Book of Proverbs
I am slowing crossing things off of my list. I am happy with my progress except for the verse memorization.
Don’t get discouraged with the scripture memory. It is very challenging. I pick one verse a week and write it on sticky notes or note cards and put them where I will see them most (mirrors, dashboard, fridge, Bible, etc.) I have also found it helps to recite them to my family, animals, friends (anyone or anyhting that will listen) Keep it up it is very rewarding.
Looks like you are doing great to me!!
It hurt this morning?? I hate that!!! Coop wants to see Jake so bad!
I am sorry to hear about your injury. I know how much you have been enjoying that and how much it challenges you. Praying for a speedy recovery!
WOW! Way to go…Sure does convict your old Mom who doesn’t have anything to do in comparison.
WOOHOO! My wife is the bomb!