522. I have been so swamped lately between homeschool, stomach bugs, and friends visiting, not necessarily in that particular order, I have really neglected this blog. I guess I am thankful for patient blog readers.
523. There is so much for me to list. I am thankful that I need to blog about Jake’s birthday, I need to write Jake’s 7th birthday letter, and just normal life in these parts.
524. I am thankful that I just booked a trip away with my hubby for this Spring. We are excited to have some time together.
535. On February 29, I enjoyed my first night of “Mercy Triumphs” Bible Study by Beth Moore @SBCWR and I am beyond excited. I praying about memorizing the book of James with December 31, 2012 being my goal to have it completed. I must be crazy!
536. I am so thankful that we have a contract on our house in TN. It isn’t sold YET, but we are hopeful to close by the end of the month. Praying….Trusting…..
537. Thankful when I saw this post on my mom’s Facebook wall last night :Note to Self: Never give legos, crayons, play dough, construction paper, small scissors or anything else that has small pieces, makes small pieces, marks on anything or leaves residue everywhere to my Grandchildren. Not while they live here and not after they leave!!! I know now….why my daughter always screened the gifts I mailed prior to them seeing inside the package….and I know how Stephanie Etheredge Perdue has felt for all these years. I mean even if
these items are Buy 1…..Get 10 FREE!!!!!! It is amazing how perspectives change when you have to live with all of those little things:-) I love you, MaME as Sadie likes to call you these days!
538. Side note to the above number 537: Legos are annoying but it is neat to see what Jake can build with them. I am thankful that he is intentional about playing with them.
539. Thursday night a stomach bug hit our house with one good punch taking out Sadie and all of the adults one by one throughout the weekend. I am thankful that it is Monday and we are all doing well and the other kids seems to avoided certain death. Although, this could change in about 2 hours.
540. I am thankful for my good friend Kelli Sikes. She rocks! We have been friends since 11 grade when she randomly came up to me and asked me if I thought she should cut her hair….huh? what kind of question is that to ask a stranger? Anyway, that began a life long friendship. We have lived life together. We both know the Lord now. Her first then she drug me along…naw… I am so thankful that she stayed strong and never stopped preaching Jesus to me. That is a a GREAT friend. Her hubby is pretty cool too but don’t tell him I said that he will use it against in the worst way!ha! I am glad that this is my blog and I can say anything I want to…
541. I am so thankful to hear all of the new words that Sadie is saying everyday. She is so stinking hilarious.
542. Those of you that have been following my blog know that Jake has over the years been brutally honest about my wrinkles, post pregnant jelly belly still being big, and the fact that I “don’t work.” Judd took the cake this morning….. he said “Mommy, you are skinny!” and I said “here is your million dollars what do you plan to buy?” Just teasing…about the million dollars not about his statement. I am THANKFUL for that kind of talk! all smiles!
Glad you are all feeling better. That hit our house in mid January. Every single person got it including my mom who is in SC. It was one nasty 24 hours!
These are all just too funny! MaME