Who is more social? Definitely him.
This year we had a great day Father’s day. We went to church, ate at Casa Mexicana, presented Jim with his gifts, took a nap, and then we went on a traveling dinner mission (to be explained shortly). Jim loved the cards and Amazon gift card from the kids. I had a sign that says “Bonaire” framed for him. I saw one in his mom’s kitchen and went on a mission to get one for the “Bonaire Boy.”
Back to the traveling dinner…
We have joined the Summer Reading Club at the library this year. Jake is devouring books daily so I thought that it would be fun to “earn” prizes for summer reading. Upon completion of the first ten books you get a goodie bag. The goodie bag contains quite a few coloring books and several coupons for various restaurants in the area: free small fries from McD, a free soft or crunchy taco from Taco Bell, a free cookie from Subway, a free kids meal from Arby’s and a free frosty from Wendy’s. See where I am going with the traveling dinner? We packed all of the kids in the car and drove to McD’s drive thru and ordered three free small fries. The kids ate the fries as we drove across the street to Taco Bell where we ordered three free tacos. Lastly, they ate their tacos on the way to Subway for, you guessed it, three free cookies! It was a fun time and they all laughed well, except for Sadie, and enjoyed their traveling dinner. It was just another way to make memories with our kids.
The best present of all:
As we were on our way home, Jake said to Jim “It doesn’t matter what other people say “I” have the best Daddy in the whole wide world.” Just as he said it I looked at Jim’s reflection in the rear view mirror (oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was sitting in the back the help Sadie. ) I could see the tears welling up in Jim’s eyes. It was so sweet to hear the love that Jake has for his Daddy. PRICELESS!
Next set of pictures: While the girls were in Georgia, Daddy and the boys went to a Redbirds game.
This week has consisted of several firsts in the Perdue home:
1. Sadie went swimming and loved being in the water with her Daddy.
2. Jim was given the opportunity to drive a stock car in a Faster Pastor race in West Memphis, Arkansas.
3. Sadie went from sitting, to squatting, to standing all unassisted. I was fortunate enough to capture the first time with my camera.
262. A new way to make my grocery list-by aisle.
263. Anna Kate’s bathing soups.
264. Judd swimming in the shadow end of the pool.
265. Anna Kate wearing gobbles while she swims.
266. An Anna Kate nap.
267. A growing garden.
268. Jake finishing his Hang Glider Book in AWANA Sparks.
269. Sadie drinking out of a sippy cup.
270. Boys who love sports, right the sport just happens to be T-ball.
271. A husband and Daddy who is also called Coach.
272. A husband who loves being a Daddy.