Have I ever said that I have the most amazing husband in the world!
This is a picture of the projects Jake and I complete the week of Easter. Judd did make one of the palm branches at the top. It was hard to get him to stop eating the tissue paper, but he had fun.
This week we have been celebrating Easter and teaching Jake why this day is so important. I will post pictures of our projects a little later, but here are some pictures of the boys in their Easter outfits.
Today is a very special day. It’s my birthday and I am also 36 weeks. I had a great birthday. Jim surprised me with an awesome birthday present. He bought me a new camera. He bought me a Nikon D40. It is really great, but I have a lot to learn in order to use it the way I would like. I have a great husband!
It has been 75 degrees here the past few days so I wanted to get some outside pictures of the boys. We have been sick all Winter so we have very few pictures of the last few months.
We went to the playground at the church today and that is where most of them were taken. The others were taken at our house.
The past few months I have caught myself being a mom that is frustrating and raising my voice at the boys to get them to obey. We spend a lot of time trying to train them to “obey the first time with a happy heart” and it is very frustrating when Jake obeys in action but then proceeds to whine or cry while “obeying.” You see we define obedience as the complete act “obey the first time with a happy heart” not just action. Life has also gotten interested as Judd is really starting to test us and we are training him to obey also. Yes, many days I feel like I am correcting them all day whether it is their actions or their attitude, (their heart).
I have prayed that God would show me areas specifically how I can be a better mom. He has been answering my prayers more than I would like in one specific area, speaking with grace. The Holy Spirit has convicting me as I yell, fuss, whine, or beg my boys to listen and obey. So yesterday I was praying that my speech would be pleasing to Him and then I read this verse:
Let your speech always be seasoned with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person. Col 4:6
I find that I try VERY hard to speak with grace to Jim and even others, but so many times I “lose it” with the boys. I know that more hurtful words are spoken when I am angry or frustrated than at any other time. I don’t feel that my words are nearly as hurtful as the tone in which I speak. Many times see my tone and reactions imitated through Jake when he is trying to communicate with Judd. This is when the Holy Spirit gently nudges my heart and reminds me that if I want my children to know Jesus, I must be Jesus to them. I must speak gently to them, but in order to do that I need to spend more time with Him. I need to be closer to Him so that I will know how He would respond.
As a child of God and a mother to two precious boys (soon to be girl), I want this verse to represent me and the way I speak to our children:
“She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.” Proverbs 31:26
Here are a few things to remember when I feel frustrated:
1. wait. Cool off before I speak. This will give me time to think rather than react. I must remember that I will most often react with words that are from my old nature than my new life in Christ.
2. speak softly. Frustration and anger is fed by an increase in volume. I want to speak softly and take down barriers.
3. Ask God to help when the temperature begins to rise. He alone can change me.
I pray that He will keep me sensitive in this area. I want our home to be a haven for our children as well as my husband.
I found this quote and I thought I would share it:
In every conversation we choose whether we are going to
- affirm the positive or dwell on the negative
- spotlight the growth or the weakness
- celebrate the victories or rehash the failures
- encourage (give courage to another) or discourage (take courage from another)
- think the worst or assume the best
- draw them to Christ or push them away
- And what we choose will make a difference in someone’s life. . . . one way or another.
I want to begin now setting healthy patterns of communication children. If I am not their primary source of encouragement to, who is going to encourage them?
We only have a few more weeks before Baby Girl joins us. I want to cherish each day since these are the last days that I will have with just “the boys.”
This morning we got up and went outside to play in the snow. Jake was so excited to go outside and run through the yard. Judd still didn’t find must interest in the snow. He just wanted us to hold him the whole time. We tried to build a snowman, but it didn’t work. I guess building snowmen are not skills that are developed when you live in the south your whole life.
It is snowing! When the boys woke up from their naps we took them outside to experience the snow. They were not as impressed as I thought they would be. I guess they are still a little young. They were freezing and I was being a good mom and taking pictures for them. 🙂
This post is for my sweet husband:
This is a list of the 100 reasons why I love you…
- loves the Lord with all his heart, mind, soul and strength
- loves me more than I deserve
- is a great Daddy
- has an incredible work ethic
- is very wise
- makes me feel secure by providing so well for me and the family
- makes me feel secure because he is always loyal and faithful
- his kisses are terrific!
- is my favorite person to be with.
- a great leader
- is an incredible husband
- loves me unconditionally
- loves to be at home; it is his favorite place
- is always ready to play with the boys
- always knows the “right” thing to say
- is always cool, calm, and collected.
- is positive
- is SWEEEEEEEET!
- is understanding. He has to be with a nutty wife like me!
- is brilliant
- studies God’s word faithfully
- has devotions with our children
- serves me
- prays for me and our children
- prays for my family
- reads my blog
- is neat
- is understanding when the house is a mess
- does dishes
- doesn’t like coffee
- doesn’t like chocolate
- has put up with me faithfully for 5 years.
- loves Georgia football
- loves football
- loves baseball
- is self-controlled
- spurs me on to righteousness.
- loves to encourage me after long days with the boys
- eats whatever I cook
- is willing to let me use all my words at the end of the day, even when he is very sleepy
- is really good with money
- is teaching the boys how to be godly men
- is an awesome Pastor
- is an excellent preacher
- preaches the Gospel with passion
- looks so sexy in a suit…My preacher man
- plays the guitar
- sings better than me
- can type faster than me
- he still loves me, when I am grumpy
- he is my best friend
- he always puts me before himself
- he completes me
- holds the key to my heart
- is simply irresistible
- has a very forgiving heart
- IS my better half
- loves me without make-up
- loves me when I stay in my pj’s all day
- he compliments me
- is sensible
- teaches me how to be more like Jesus
- wants to honor God in every area of his life
- makes many animal noises
- has been used by the Lord in so many ways to help me.
- is a willing vessel
- reads a lot
- will go shopping with me even though he doesn’t like to shop
- is gentle in speech
- has great vocabulary and understands grammar rules
- loves to study God’s word.
- loves his boys and wants to see them love Jesus more than anything else
- is very supportive
- has dimples- Very Cute DimplesJ
- is so cute
- I love how he makes me feel when I think I am nothing
- loves music
- takes wonderful care of us
- keeps me focused
- rarely complains
- is almost perfect…I said almost…just in case he reads this 😉
- loves racquetball
- loves to have family time
- loves to watch the boys play
- works really hard
- is silly
- helps with the boys more than any other dad I know.
- is tender
- I know he was chosen for me by the Lord.
- is definitely a kindred spirit.
- likes my friends
- they like him
- inspires me
- I love him more than I did the day I married him.
- Things are better when he is around
- Things are easier to manage if I can feel his hand in mine
- Things are easier to decide if I can talk to him
- Sleep is definitely easier if he is beside me
- I love sharing my life with him
- My husband is more than worthy of respect. I pray that I bring honor to him.