He loves this little girl!
Monthly Archives: April 2011
I am thankful for
209. Living He loved me
210. Dying He saved me
211. Buried He carried my sins far away
212. Rising He justified
213. One day He’s coming
214. new Easter outfits
215.10 more days of school
216. growth and new life
217. Victory in Jesus
218. Jesus is alive and the tomb is empty
219. having Easter lunch with friends.
220. the flashlight Easter Egg hunt
221. seeing Sadie do a standing ta-daaah at six months old
222. capturing this sweet moment
223. seeing Anna Kate “hide” from me. She thinks that I can’t see her.
224. silly pictures
193. the coos and gabbering of Little Sadie as she is going to sleep. She loves to “talk.”
194. Anna Kate turning 3.
195. a Fancy Nancy birthday party with 3 of Anna Kate’s girl friends at church.
196. being a mommy to two little girls.
197. a safe flight to Georgia
198. making it through security in Memphis with two girls, one stroller, and three bags.
199. a magnificent vist with my mom and the girls.
200. coming to Elko and seeing family. My Dad, Brother, Grandfather, Granny-Peggy all came to visit.
201. seeing one of my best friends, Kelli Sikes. We even had a sleep over and stayed up entirely too late.
202. that Sadie let me sleep in after I stayed up so late.
203. for my husband spending time with the “boys” while the “girls” were in Georgia.
204. my kids getting to spend time with and know their great granddaddy!
205. that God is still God and God is still good.
206. An Elko sunset
207. for Crosspointe choir and the dedication to record such an awesome, God honoring CD.
208. our first t-ball practice
How do you want your kids to remember their childhood? There time with you? So our children have these memories of a mama who smiles easy, listens long, makes jokes and praise and all these good days out of crazy messes
Fancy Kate Turns 3
Today we celebrated Anna Kate’s 3rd birthday. She has been telling us for months that she wanted to have an all “girls” party without any boys, however, she did want her Daddy and brothers to come. We decided to have a Fancy Nancy Party. We invited 3 of her friends from church and asked that they come in their “fanciest” ensemble.
This is our two days in pictures:
Yesterday, I put her down for her nap and at bed time in her crib for the last time. It was a bittersweet moment because that was the last time I was ever going to put her in her crib. It was just one of those mommy moments!
7:15 a.m. Birthday streamers
9:45 a.m. All dressed up and waiting for the party guests…
10:00 a.m. The guests started arriving….
11:00 Cake and parfaits
Her three year old letter is to come…..
A Whole Hand + 1 Finger
Jake: 6 years ago you changed our lives forever. We went from being a couple, to being a family. 6 years. My first born, I can’t remember today what it feels like to hold that little chubby hand with those sweet cheeks. It happened without me knowing, and I try so hard, but I can’t remember what it feels like to squeeze that sweet baby chub. It is gone from my memory. How is that possible? I wipe away happy tears as I sit here watching you play Mario on the Wii, a rare Sunday afternoon treat since after all today is your special day, and I remember back on how fast this time has flown. And if it weren’t for who you are now- honest, helpful, a leader, silly, I would be sad today. Well, maybe I am still a little sad. Time sometimes seems like an enemy, doesn’t it?
When you were born you weighed 7.1 lbs and now you weigh 58.2 lbs and you are 47 3/4 inches. I am utterly amazed a how quickly you are growing. As of right now, you are wearing a size 7 pants because all of the size 6 pants are entirely too short.
We are getting close to the end of your Kindergarten year. This year has been a pure joy! I have enjoyed teaching you. I have enjoyed having you are home with me each day. I have needed and appreciated all of your help since Sadie was born. You are an amazing big brother and best friend to your siblings. My heart melts when I see you loving, playing and holding Sadie. I couldn’t ask for a better son. You are so giving and thoughtful. Yes, you can drive me absolutely nuts,making random noises, touching and invading others personal space, but you are an awesome kid with a kind heart. God had blessed me in a huge way on February 27, 2005 when he allowed me to become your Mommy! Please don’t ever stop learning about and pursing Jesus. Remember when you are afraid you can trust Jesus! I love to see you reading your Bible and memorizing the Word each week for AWANA. Your brain is truly amazing. I am sure that I have left out so much but know that I love you, Jacob Clayton and I am so proud of you.
Jake, remember a good Bible is the most important possession you have. It is the most important book you will ever read. It is God’s book. My hope is that you will read it for yourself and love that book, not because your parents are standing over you, asking you to read it, but because God puts a desire in your heart to know Him and His word. That would be such a joy to me.